- Year Built: 2012/2013/2014
- Length: 443 ft.
- Crew: 50
- Guests: 190
- Decks: 4
- Staterooms: 95
- Explorer Suites: 2
- Veranda Suite: 7
- Veranda: 39
- French Balcony: 22
- Standard: 25
Our award-winning Viking Longships showcase innovative engineering, streamlined Scandinavian design and understated elegance. Thoughtfully engineered to get you closer to your destination, they provide unprecedented levels of comfort, including spacious staterooms with full-size verandas, the largest suites on Europe's rivers and the most al fresco dining.
Kara - Valkyrie and Swan Maiden
In Norse mythology Kara is one of the Valkyries who are also known as swan maidens or wish maidens. Legend says that if you can capture and hold a swan maiden or her feathered cloak, you can extract a wish from her.
- 95 comfortable outside staterooms (25 Standard Staterooms, 22 French Balcony Staterooms, 39 Veranda Staterooms, 7 Veranda Suites, 2 Explorer Suites)
- All suites feature two full-size rooms with a veranda off the living room & a French balcony in the bedroom
- Sun Deck with 360-degree views & shaded sitting area; organic herb garden & solar panels; putting green & walking track
- Aquavit Terrace & Lounge, a revolutionary indoor/outdoor viewing area at the bow of the ship for al fresco dining
- Viking Lounge & Bar with floor-to-ceiling glass doors
- Restaurant with floor-to-ceiling windows for panoramic views
- Library & onboard shop
- Elevator from Middle to Upper Deck only; no elevator access for categories E & F
- Free Wi-Fi (connection speed may vary)
- Laundry service
- Ecologically friendly hybrid engines producing less vibrations for a smoother ride
- 40" flat-screen Sony TV with infotainment system featuring Movies On Demand, plus CNBC, CNN, National Geographic & more
Please note that the staterooms shown below are samples only. Actual cabin decor, details and layout may vary by stateroom category and type.
Viking River Cruises
When you cruise with Viking you sail with the world's leading river cruise company, and you enjoy the rewards of more than 175 years of heritage and a level of expertise second to none.
Inspiring destinations, beautifully crafted itineraries, expert tour guides, luxurious ships, fine cuisine, excellent service, remarkable value-our success is defined by all these things, and something else, too: personal attention to every detail. It's the way the bartender has your drink ready for you, at just the right time. It's the gentle guidance from your tai chi master in a lesson you take while sailing along the Yangtze. It's the handwritten directions from your concierge to the best coffeehouse in Vienna.
At Viking, we never forget that looking after you is why we have become the world's favorite river cruise line, and why our guests return to cruise with us again and again. Indeed, it is our guests who are our greatest ambassadors, making us the most honored river cruise line in the world.
If you have experienced the pleasure of traveling with us, then you will appreciate what makes a river cruise with Viking so special. And if that experience is still ahead of you, then it is one you are sure to enjoy.The Most Award-Winning River Cruise Line
We have consistently placed high on competitive rankings like Conde Nast Traveler's Gold List, Reader's Choice and Best Small Ships awards; and Travel + Leisure's World's Best; we have also been honored by prestigious international organizations like the World Travel Awards. Meanwhile, travel agents have recognized us with awards including TravelAge West's Best Line for River Cruising and Travel Weekly's #1 River Cruise Line. And Viking is featured in National Geographic's The 10 Best of Everything.